Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Who's to Blame?


O Lord, the deep, deep pain … I grieve
the loss of hope ... he chose to leave.
Could I have loved him more, not less?
Could I have saved him from distress?
Was there nothing I could do
to stop him.. nor would you?

Then remembering a disciple once the same
from grief of knowing he was to blame
Took upon himself the right to die
And not trust in Him who would be crucified.
Jesus knew and loved him still
Yet did not stop him, that would kill.

His Master was holy in every way,
the disciple could find no blame
Jesus loved him perfectly, not like me
He taught him everything he would need
Yet his soul still overcome with pain
chose to leave.. was Jesus to blame?

So why do I in sadness still
Believe the fault, to take at will
For choices I did not alone make
For a life I alone did not choose to take
Oh God help me.. these thoughts to cease
In acceptance lieth peace.

Here I must commit my thoughts
and not focus daily on my loss.
But turn now to those who are left
and support and love them with Your best.

Let those of us who are left behind
Not let the torment in our mind
Steal from us the days left
Instead to hide within the cleft
of your love and grace remain
knowing it will heal our pain.

Georgene  
2012

2 comments:

  1. Oh, dear friend, These words spoken in your grief so mirror my heart today. Yours is gone, mine is here, wrong choices stole both away in different ways. My heart aches for you. I am praying. Sending a hug your way and receiving one back. ~ In tears and hope~ Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so touching, well put and hopeful!

    Hugs and prayers,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete